Log in here with your Crain's Chicago Business account to complete an application. If you are having problems logging in, please contact Customer Service at 877-812-1590 or by email
To get started, if you have a Crain's Chicago Business account, click the application link and sign in to your account. If you do not have an account, you will be asked to create one before you can proceed with the nomination form. Before you begin the nomination process and/or login to your account, please carefully review the nomination details below. Note: There is no fee to nominate.
Crain's Chicago Business is proud to announce Crain's 2021 Notable Gen X Leaders in Accounting, Consulting & Law, a special editorial feature within Crain's Nov. 22 print issue and online that will profile top Chicago area accountants, consultants and attorneys. Your company and its executives are invited to submit a nomination survey that will help us determine this year's honorees. The special section will recognize individuals for their success and accomplishments during the last 12 to 18 months.
The deadline to nominate someone for Crain's Notable Gen X Leaders in Accounting, Consulting & Law is Oct. 8, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. CDT.
Nomination forms must be completed and submitted by Friday, October 8 to be considered. All required sections of the form must be completed for consideration. You will be required to upload a high-resolution digital headshot (300 dpi minimum) of your nominee during this process. Self-nominations are accepted.
Please bear in mind that honoree profiles in the published section will be created using the information supplied in the nomination form. We will not accept revised nomination forms, so take care that what you provide is accurate. Crain's editorial staff holds full rights to edit information provided to meet style and editorial standards as well as space constraints. Do not submit information that is subject to change by the Nov. 22 publishing date. Do not submit information you consider to be confidential.
Important criteria for consideration. Executives nominated:
- Must be based in the Chicago area to qualify (Cook County, DeKalb County, DuPage County, Grundy County, Kane County, Kendall County, Lake County, McHenry County, Will County in Illinois, Lake County in Indiana and Kenosha County in Wisconsin).
- The accountant/consultant/attorney nominated must have been born between the years 1965 and 1980.
- Must be currently serving in a senior leadership role at his/her/their firm (3 levels or less from the company CEO).
- Must be practicing in profession a minimum 10 years.
- Accountants must be employed full-time as a CPA at a public accounting firm.
- Attorneys must employed full-time at a law firm, not in-house within a company.
- Consultants must be employed full-time at consultancies that provide professional services to middle market and large size clients larger than $50 million in revenue.
- All nominees must be employed in firms with company size of 25 employees or larger.
- Must have shown the ability or power to effect change in their role and/or area of practice at firm.
- Serves as a role model or mentor to other accountants, consultants or attorneys and/or promotes inclusive practices in the workplace.
- Assumed a leadership position outside of the candidates' own organization or company including professional organizations and civic/community service initiatives.
- No more than 3 honorees per firm/company will be included on the list.
Only one submission per candidate is requested. Honoree profiles in the published feature will be based on information supplied in the nomination form. A reminder: The content is subject to editing by Crain's Chicago Business staff to meet style and editorial standards.
The submission deadline is October 8, 2021. Please fully complete all fields in the nomination form and click submit once complete.
Crain's Chicago Business will publish this year's special section in the Nov. 22 print issue and online at chicagobusiness.com. Individuals chosen to be featured in the section will be notified by Crain's Chicago Business approximately three weeks prior to publication.
If you have questions regarding the nomination criteria, please email us at email@example.com.
To address technical issues with the submission form, please contact our customer service department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-812-1590.
Ready to submit your application? Start here.