Log in here with your Crain's Chicago Business account to complete an application. If you are having problems logging in, please contact Customer Service at 877-812-1590 or by email
To get started, if you have a Crain's Chicago Business account, click the application link and sign in to your account. If you do not have an account, you will be asked to create one before you can proceed with the nomination form. Before you begin the nomination process and/or login to your account, please carefully review the nomination details below. Note: There is no fee to nominate.
Crain's Chicago Business is proud to announce Crain's 2019 Notable Leaders in HR, a special editorial feature within Crain's Feb. 3 print issue and online that will profile top Chicago area HR executives. Your company and its executives are invited to submit a nomination survey that will help us determine this year's honorees. The special section will recognize individuals for their success and accomplishments during the last 12 to 18 months.
The deadline to nominate someone for Crain's Notable Leaders in HR feature is Dec. 17, 2019, at 11:59 p.m. CDT.
Nomination forms must be completed and submitted by Tuesday, Dec. 17 to be considered. All required sections of the form must be completed for consideration. You will be required to upload a high-resolution digital headshot (300 dpi minimum) of your nominee during this process. Self-nominations are accepted.
Please bear in mind that honoree profiles in the published section will be created using the information supplied in the nomination form. We will not accept revised nomination forms, so take care that what you provide is accurate. Honoree profiles will not be provided for review before the section publishes. Crain's editorial staff holds full rights to edit information provided to meet style and editorial standards as well as space constraints. Do not submit information that is subject to change by the Feb. 3 publishing date. Do not submit information you consider to be confidential.
Important criteria for consideration. Executives nominated:
- Must be based in the Chicago area to qualify (Cook County, DeKalb County, DuPage County, Grundy County, Kane County, Kendall County, Lake County, McHenry County, Will County in Illinois, Lake County in Indiana and Kenosha County in Wisconsin).
- Must be currently serving in a senior leadership role in a human resources department at his/her firm (three levels or less from the company CEO), or at a comparable level at a company in a directly related field such as recruiting, outplacement, benefits administration or HR specific software.
- Must be employed full time at a company of 50 employees or larger.
- Executives in HR departments must demonstrate the ability or power to effect change in one or more of the following ways:
- Navigating new ways of recruiting talent
- Opening new ways to support employees and/or retain talent
- Improving efficiency
- Enhancing company culture
- Promoting diversity & inclusion
- HR suppliers must show how their services are transformative, innovative and/or beyond routine.
- Serves as a role model or mentor to others in the HR field.
- Assumed a leadership position in the industry outside of the candidates' own organization or company including professional organizations and civic/community service initiatives.
Only one submission per candidate is requested. Honoree profiles in the published feature will be based on information supplied in the nomination form. A reminder: The content is subject to editing by Crain's Chicago Business staff to meet style and editorial standards.
The submission deadline is Tuesday, Dec. 17. Please fully complete all fields in the nomination form and click submit once complete.
Crain's Chicago Business will publish this year's special section in the Feb. 3 print issue and online at chicagobusiness.com. Individuals chosen to be featured in the section will be notified by Crain's Chicago Business approximately three weeks prior to publication.
By submitting a nomination for this feature, you consent to receive marketing emails from Crain's Chicago Business; you may unsubscribe or change your email preferences through the unsubscribe link in the emails you receive.
If you have questions regarding the nomination criteria, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To address technical issues with the submission form, please contact our customer service department at email@example.com or 877-812-1590.
Ready to submit your application? Start here.