Login to Complete an Application
If you do not have an account, you will be asked to create one before you can proceed with the nomination form. We recommend using Chrome or Firefox web browsers to complete your application. Note, your ChicagoBusiness.com account is separate from an account you create for the recognition programs. Click here to create a new account.
Crain's Chicago Business is proud to announce Crain's 2024 Notable Leaders in Sustainability, a special editorial feature within Crain's April 22 print issue and online that will profile top sustainability leaders in Chicago.
Your company and its executives are invited to submit a nomination that will help us determine this year's honorees. The special section will recognize individuals for their success and accomplishments during the last 18 months.
The deadline to nominate an individual for this feature is February 23, at 11:59 p.m. CST.
Ready to submit your nomination? Start here
Important criteria for consideration:
Notable Leaders in Sustainability must...
- Be serving in a senior leadership role or leading sustainability initiatives at an organization.
- Make a measurable environmental impact through his/her/their role and continue to have the power to effect change.
- Make significant contributions to sustainability within their industry and/or community.
- Demonstrate leadership in professional organizations and civic/community service initiatives
- We will accept up to three submissions per company.
Chicago area (Cook County, DuPage County, DeKalb County, Grundy County, Kane County, Kendall County, Lake County, McHenry County, Will County in IL, Lake County in Indiana, and Kenosha County in WI).
- Full time/hybrid nominees: Nominee works full-time or hybrid from a Chicago area office to qualify.
- Fully remote nominees:
- If the nominee works for a company/team that is not based in Chicago, the nominee must live in the Chicago area listed above to qualify.
- If the nominee is fully remote and works with a team in Chicago but does not live in the area listed above, they do not qualify.
Ready to submit your nomination? Start here
You will be asked to complete a nomination form that includes:
- Nominator/ nominee contact information
- Short descriptions about the nominee’s success and impact in their career, community, and industry. This includes their education, current scope of work, significant projects and board memberships.
- A headshot and current resume/bio are required for nomination
How to nominate:
- To get started, click the application link and sign into your account. If you do not have an account, you will be asked to create one before you can proceed with the nomination form. We recommend using Chrome or Firefox web browsers to complete your application. Note, your ChicagoBusiness.com account is separate from an account you create for Notables or any other Chicago Business award program.
- All required sections of the form must be completed for consideration. The required sections on the form are marked with a red asterisk. Please note incomplete answers may result in disqualification. Incomplete answers include, “please contact the nominee for more information,” or 1 sentence responses.
- Only one nomination is necessary per nominee. Multiple nominations do not increase the nominee's chances of being recognized. Self-nominations are accepted.
Individuals chosen to be featured in the section will be notified by Crain's Chicago Business Notable team approximately three weeks prior to publication.
Honoree profiles in the published section will be created using the information supplied in the nomination form. We will not accept revised nomination forms, so take care that what you provide is accurate. Honoree profiles will not be provided for review before the section publishes. Crain's editorial staff holds full rights to edit information provided to meet style and editorial standards as well as space limitations. Do not submit information that is subject to change by the publishing date. Do not submit information you consider to be confidential.
By submitting a nomination for this feature, you have consented to receive marketing, editorial and event related emails from Crain's and our program sponsors. You may unsubscribe or change your email preferences through links in emails you receive.
If you experience any issues while submitting a nomination or have questions regarding the nomination criteria, please email Crain's Chicago Business Notable team at ChicagoRecognitions@crain.com.